Monday, December 17, 2007

Stuff

Had the most interesting table the other night. The Christmas season is perfect for bringing out all the virgin diners. These 3 chicks took the cake. First of all only one of them would even look at me. (Apparently I am a troll...no offence Joe). And luckily for the 2 mutes she was also nice enough to speak on behalf of the table...else they might have had a problem actually eating because unfortunately I do not read minds. After their whopping $50 bill of fajitas and salad they all wanted separate checks. One of the mutes gave me a credit card that declined her $17 portion. So mute number 2 payed her tab and left no tip. The one who spoke gave cash and left me about .70 cents. Yay. I cleared the table which included an apparently untouched bread basket. Wrong. I opened the linen to toss the bread and discovered that they had stuffed chewed food into the cuts in the bread. THANKS. People are so disgusting.

In other news, the hubby is still far away and I am missing him greatly. Being a single mom is tough shit. So I now give great props to all of you (like mel and liz) who go at it every day like the machines that you are. As a side note I must say that it is in fact easier to keep my house clean without the extra body around...but I still miss his mess...sort of ;o)

And lastly, due to recent copious amounts of snowfall, Smudge used the litter box for the first time in over a year.

8 comments:

jiggs said...

Those three diner chicks were total crazy bitches. I don't roll with nontippers.

Slyde said...

smudge is your husband, right?

Kat said...

jiggs- you forgot nasty. Definitely nasty. And I know you don't roll that way either.

slyde- hahaha. You're a geek. And according to my grandmother that means you are a circus freak who bites the heads off live chickens. So there.

Verdant Earl said...

Maybe the head "chick" was masticating the food for the other "chicks" and regurgitating it into their mouths like baby birds.

And then she confused the cuts in the bread for her friends' mouths.

Okay...maybe not.

Kat said...

rflmao! Yer funny.

elizabeth said...

WHAT?? Did you keep their names? I'll hunt them down for you and make them eat their chewed up food after I step on it. That's horrible.

PS. And as for the going at it all alone kudos - Thanks babe. I am lucky enough to have lots of help. But sometimes it is really hard to even organize myself enough to go to the grocery store. It's nice to know someone out there (ahem) actually took the time to think about it. Because you have a kind heart and I lurves you!! Glad your man is home!!

madge said...

I opened the linen to toss the bread and discovered that they had stuffed chewed food into the cuts in the bread. THANKS. People are so disgusting.

ewwwwwwww.
ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
what is wrong with people.

Anonymous said...

"I opened the linen to toss the bread and discovered that they had stuffed chewed food into the cuts in the bread."

My first job was in a college food service, and crap like that was enough to keep me away from that line of work ever since.