Wednesday, December 12, 2007

That's It. We're All Becoming Tapers.

Allo allo allo. Sorry I've not been around. It's been a hectic week. The hubby is off earning a living on the other side of the country or taping up a small fortune. Here's a hint. If you're looking for a career change become a tradesman and move to Northern Alberta or Alaska. You could pay off your house in a little over a year. It's almost too good to be true, except that it really is that good. Needless to say I've been on my own with the childrenz. Thank 8lb 6oz baby jesus for good friends like Lizzy who are helping out with the babysitting while I go off to earn my own pittance. I wouldn't bother except that money's money, sanity is an absolute necessity and serving tables makes for great stories. I'll be back later with one. Right now? Baby crying...

6 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

I would totally move to Alaska to become a taper. Even if I have no idea what a taper does. And I don't like working with my hands. Besides typing.

My hands are as soft as a baby's bottom, or so I'm told.

Kat said...

You know the walls in your apartment? They are boarded with dry wall or gyp rock and then they are taped, or sealed and coated, to make them smooth and ready for painting. This my friend, will earn more than your doctor does in just one year up north.

Mermaid Melanie said...

Shit, I could do taper work! *considers moving to Alaska for a year*

where do I sign up?

Slyde said...

softer, earl... MUCH softer....

elizabeth said...

I AM SOOOO TIRED!!!!!!! LOL.

I hope you don't mind - but I convinced the children that the basement was "fun" and they are trying to catch the elves who live down there that are wearing little grey coats... *smirk*

badgerdaddy said...

I love the idea of getting lots of cash, but actually working for it? Nah, fuck that. I'll stick to my own ridiculous job(s).