Thursday, February 07, 2008

Wind At My Backside

After much work up I have finally started working out. It's been about a month since I joined the gym; the same one I went to as a teen (I have been to others in between).Surprisingly there are still some same faces there. On my first day back I saw a friend from elementary school who's now a personal trainer. He's positively huge. Although not quite as large as in high school. He was on roids then. Good for him for quitting. He got so big so fast that he has stretch marks reaching from his forearm all the way up to his armpit and around to his pecs. And I thought having kids could do damage.

I'm quite enjoying my time. With the hubby gone, I don't get much time to myself. I'm working 4 nights a week but it hardly constitutes alone time. Adult maybe. MAYBE. Alone, no.

No great stories yet, but I have seen that it is possible to run sideways on an incline at full speed without falling off. And some people cannot feel the wind on their butt cracks. Either that or they like it. I know I'd rather not see it.

4 comments:

Slyde said...

ah, the fine feeling one gets from wind on your butt crack... good times.

Verdant Earl said...

You still working at the restaurant? Because that is the exact opposite of alone time.

Ookami Snow said...

how does one run sideways?

Kat said...

slyde- right place. right time. s'all good.

earl- no kidding. I suppose the gym isn't much better. But at least I don't have to talk to anyone. Just a few cracks here and there.

snow- exactly. I didn't think it was possible either.