Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Red Carpet

Work on Friday wasn't the most exciting of evenings. No one fell down the stairs. No one was unusually rude or ridiculous. But I did receive an interesting prop. One of my first tables was a family of four. Really nice. Just out for a quick meal. When they left I cleared the table and found that they had left a red carpet swatch. Interesting. This could be fun.

Me- "I had a table of lesbians and they were hitting on me all night. And then they left me this piece of carpet as a tip."

Gullible Co- Worker- "Are you serious?"

Me- "Ya! Isn't that crazy?"

Gullible Co-Worker goes and tells the rest of the staff. Me laughs. Carpet licking jokes ensue for duration of evening.


Speaking of red carpets, my brother has discovered our family's claim to fame and where our love of single malts(aka alcoholism) has come from. Apparently we are responsible for introducing Scotch to the rest of the world. You can thank me later.

12 comments:

elizabeth said...

People will seriously fall for anything hey?

Re: Scotch - I will thank you now. Thanks. (Do you get a discount?)

elizabeth said...

PS. Can I have my carpet back?

Ookami Snow said...

Did they leave a tip and the carpet, or just the carpet?

Slyde said...

i dont get it. Could you explain it alittle more?

with pictures, please.....!

Verdant Earl said...

I would thank you for the Scotch, but I'm more of a Bourbon or Irish Whiskey fan.

Ah...fuck it! Thanks!

(Red carpet, eh? Must have been that time of the month. Ewwww)

Kat said...

liz- I'm not done with it yet.

snow- Just carpet...maybe the tip comes later?

slyde- you'd like that wouldn't you.

earl- Yer welcome! Definately ewwwwww.

elizabeth said...

Urm. Much as I loved this post.... I'm ready for a new one ;-)

elizabeth said...

Anytime now...

Spinning Girl said...

You are one funny girl! Let's make out.

Kat said...

Liz- so impatient. I'm still not done yet...

spinner- mmmmkay.(emphasis on mmmmmm)

Verdant Earl said...

Awaiting the spinning girl/kat youtube video.

Eagerly awaiting.

Mermaid Melanie said...

ok thats just really ... funny...

in a sick twisted and sorta could be true kind a way.