Thursday, October 18, 2007

Someone Please Explain

There is so much to talk about I'm not sure where to begin. Let's start with the car. It's being written off. As a recap, I was rear ended by a UHAUL 2 days before my wedding. The girls were in the back with me and luckily we all came out unscathed. Well, all except the Nissan. It's back end was smashed, twice. And here in lies the argument. I was always under the assumption (and yes I know what the infamous they say about assuming) that rear-enders were a pretty cut and dry scenario. Yet still I am sitting around waiting for my deductible back. At least half of it anyhow. It should be all of it. See, there was a car in front of me that I narrowly missed hitting myself. But I missed them all the same. Until I was rammed by the truck and driven right into them. Twice. Now here's where it gets stupid. The insurance company is trying to say that the chances of being hit twice is rare (I guess they haven't heard of recoil). The twats also claim that if I felt a double impact it's because I hit the car in front first. Bull. Shit. If you saw my written off back end it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the truck who hit me wasn't even near stopping. Being as close as my car was to the one in front, I recoiled back into the still moving UHAUL to be hit for a second time, before we all came to a final rest. So somehow in all of this the fucker in the UHAUL is saying he only hit once and therefore I may have to pay half of my deductible. Are you as confused as I am?



In the mean time I am waiting on approval for a 2003 Subaru Forester.

3 comments:

Slyde said...

that pretty much sucks...

i hates the insurance companies, me does... i hates em!

Kat said...

suckity suck suck suck

jiggs said...

fuck those insurance fuckers.