Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What's With All These Car Accidents?!

It's the eve of the eve of my wedding and of course nothing can go smoothly. I was on my way downtown to drop the payment off for our limo when the cruel hands of fate swooped in and smashed my car, with both kids in the back. Actually, it was a big fat U-HAUL from Arkansas (isn't that where they're all from?). Other than the wrenching pain in my back, we're all fine. The only question left is "Do neck braces match wedding dresses?"

10 comments:

jiggs said...

that sux balls. I hope you feel better!

elizabeth said...

I think mainly what our goal should be is to get you juuuust drunk enough to not feel it for the ceremony - and then get you in a fine state of "drumkeness" for the rest of the evening. I feel like I have an obligation to do it with you - for support. (but who is going to help us walk?)

badgerdaddy said...

Weird, as I read this, the song I was listening to - Flash's Theme, Queen - was ending and it got to the bit where Zarkov shouts "For God's sake, strap yourselves down!"

Maybe you should put that on everyone's place cards if Liz's plan comes to fruition.

platts42 said...

Holy crap! I'm glad you and the kids are ok.

Listen to Liz, and it should all go well.

Slyde said...

ouch! that IS a bout of bad luck...

Cheezy said...

Shit. Hope your back comes right really soon.

madge said...

nnnnnnnnnnnooooo!

Verdant Earl said...

Neck braces, leg casts, braces and chastity belts all go perfectly with a wedding dress.

Glad you are ok.

Bugwit said...

I don;t know if it's possible to pull this off, but tell no one about the accident, and then don;t pull out the neck brace until the 'morning after' the wedding. Whenever someone asks about it, just blush and wink at your hubby.

Bugwit said...

PS: Congrats!!!