Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm Sick and Married

"It's over!" (wah)
As forewarned, my big day came and went like a flash. It was both beautiful and surreal. And every time someone reminded me to step back and soak it in, another hour had already passed. Everything was perfect. No bumps, no rips, no spills but there were some token appearances from THAT guy who was unfortunately the hubby's brother. I'll have to dedicate a whole n'other post to his shining moments; Although completely inappropriate they were pretty funny.

I am such a lucky gal. I have so many wonderful friends and family that helped this day go off without worry...or at least they made it look that easy ;o) My flowers were the most stunning things I've ever seen, so lovingly crafted by a childhood friend. Another close friend and fabulous artist from high school shot our pictures (which I can't wait to see and I promise I'll share). And of course there was my loving, devoted and smokin' hawt wedding party (whom lizzy was most certainly a part of! And who also earned a few minor injuries in capturing the bridal bouquet.)Lastly, but never in the least, my brother's wife. She is a super star, helping without hesitation in every moment she was asked and performing a seamless evening as our MC.

There are many tales to tell of doves and ghosts, great feats of strength and wedding pizza. I'll dose you a little at a time so as not to induce yawning, nausea, vomitting, loss in vision and appetite and eventually sex drive, pain in your amygdala and foul smelling ear fluids....which isn't too unlike how I'm feeling right now. Or maybe I'm just coming down.

9 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Very, very wonderful to hear about your special day.

Congratulations!

badgerdaddy said...

I agree with Earl.

Kat said...

earl- Thanks baby!

badger- at a loss for words after that run? ;o)

Slyde said...

doves and ghosts? who was your priest, John Woo?

Congrats, missy...

elizabeth said...

*kisses*

madge said...

les congrats beautiful!

Kat said...

slyde- seriously! I'll explain later :o)

liz- *smooch*

madge- Thank You! :o)

platts42 said...

We can't call your children Bastards anymore.

Belated Congratulations!

Guh-Guh-Guh Ghosts?!

kate smudges said...

Congratulations on getting married! Gee I haven't been doing very well at being a naughty nosy neighbour... so can we see some photographs?