Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Gift Pour Vous




Between all of the things I have to do these days there is often little time for moi. So many lovely things to do and not ever enough time. But as I so regularly point out to my man, it's not a matter of having the time but of making the time. Guess I should eat more of my own cooking. Anyhoo, in honour of these eloquent words of mine, I've decided to offer a gift to those of you who may by any chance want it. Depending on how many requests I get, it could take a while so I'll need your full and undivided patience. Here's the deal. Some of you may remember that I am artistically inclined (look around). However it has been some time since I have MADE the time to do much artwork. My first love is portrait art. So if you have a picture of yourself or family that you would like worked up please email it to me. I use mainly charcoal but could be convinced to try watercolour which I haven't touched since high school. I promise you it won't look anything like this, unless of course that's your thing and then who am I to judge; I am the freak who drew the damned thing in the first place. Pictured above are some examples of my work. I have done more, but I gave them away and never kept a copy for myself (doh!).

8 comments:

kate said...

Now I'll be a naughty nosy neighbour regularly! Your artwork is good ... I've looked around.

Since I started blogging in March, I haven't run out of steam yet. It seems as if it's a pretty regular occurrence in blogland, especially over the summer months. What's a garden blogger to do when everyone goes on holidays? Well, I stenciled a wall and kept my readers entertained (sort of). I'm glad you didn't give up your blog ...

badgerdaddy said...

Hmmmm... How much do I want a portrait of myself... I just don't know. Could save me a lot of time with work though, as I could hang it over the computer. That way, I wouldn't need to get up and look at myself in the mirror every so often.

Just to check, you understand.

Kat said...

kate- Thanks :o)My better half has the green thumb. But this year our garden paled in comparison to years past. Please do stay!

badger- hahahaha. yer funny ;o)
so is that a yes???

Slyde said...

hmmmmm, i may just take you up on that, missy.. of course you would have to wear a drool cup if you intend to stare at my hunky visage for any length of time..

Mermaid Melanie said...

I just started a figure drawing class last week! tonight is my second class. I haven't done figures in over 20 years...

I hope you get a lot of subject matter to work from. looks like you have the talent!

Verdant Earl said...

If I ever decide to get a portrait tattoo done, then you are on.

Oh...and Kat from LA Ink specializes in portrait tattoos. Weird, huh?

Kat said...

slyde- now that you mention it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it through without routinely passing out due it heat exhaustion.

melanie- Thanks :o) Do share!

earl- Yes. Do it.
And Kat from LA is the shit. Love her.

elizabeth said...

Duh. I want you to draw me. And make me look dead sexy. Can we do - like a wall size portrait ala Titanic for Spartan?