Sunday, February 18, 2007

Growing Babies and Shrinking Pockets

My new baby girl is already proving the adage that children grow up too fast. She was born at 7lb 10oz and at 8 weeks she is already 14lbs. If you're not familiar with growing babes here's a few comparisons: I was born 7lbs 4oz and didn't reach 14lbs until 4 months of age: My eldest daughter has always been in the 95th percentile for weight and height since her birth at 8lbs 10oz and 21 inches. At 8 weeks she was a 'mere' 13lbs. So. We have a little chub rock on our hands. I just wanna eat her. So with all the money we're saving on having another girl and recycled everything, we are more than spending on our upcoming nuptials. So here's a peek at what's growing, developing and blossoming in our house these days.




10 comments:

Cornelius T. Fish said...

Awwwww she's so sweet. Why is a baby 21 inches and not 1 foot 8 or 1' 8''? I asked the girl about this some time ago and she said I was an idiot.

Cornelius T. Fish said...

1 foot 9 or 1' 9''.........she was right, I am an idiot.

Paula said...

Love that cake!!!!!

Cute baby too. ;)

Moxy Ness said...

Your baby is sweet! That is a really good photo too!
I can't decide which bouquet I like best, but I can never get enough cala lilies . And the dress! Amazing! Its a good price too!

Not only did Green Fish ask me about the way we say the heigh/length of babies, thats bad enough, he woke me up at 8AM to ask me!

Kat said...

fish- I dunno. Some measure in centimetres too. Now. Did you really have to wake up the lady on this one?

paula- thanks lady ;o)

moxy- cala lilies are a must. But I really have to get the right colour. I want them to emulate amber and gold. Ps. you'd better post again soon. cause. well. i said so.

jiggs said...

I have heard that in some countries marriage is punishment for shoplifting. is that the case? :)

Kat said...

jiggs- I'm a glutton for punishment...I asked for it ;o)

Slyde said...

now THATS a cute baby!

Meghan said...

dum dum dum.... wave of babies....

(see latest post)

and i would like your cake, please.

---MB

elizabeth said...

Mmmm. Cake for me. Kisses for baby! Lurves the dress too.