Monday, November 13, 2006

THE BEST POST EVER!

Where oh where do I start.
I was spoiled rotten. Rotten. Rotten. Rotten. Not that I would know, but it was like the day of my wedding. My intuition was in 4th gear....always one short of knowing exactly what was going to happen next, yet prepared nonetheless. All I could think was, I never want this day to end. As curious as I was about my surprise, I could wait. I just knew I could wait. My day began with a cup o' my favourite joe and their new breakfast sandwich . As I was getting ready for my big day, I was given a little something special for the finishing touch.
By 11:30 AM we had dropped the kid off at her grandparents. Little did I know they were in on it. Then we headed to Silver City to see Borat. OMFG. Way. Too. Funny. Nothin' like a little bit of neked man wrestling to start off a gal's 30th. We left the theatre and headed back home because my man said he had to "get something". Still no clue. Maybe it crossed my mind but it's been 7 years and my finger is still bare, so I wasn't getting my hopes up. He kept muttering something about 4:30PM. To buy the time, we went shopping. Before long the time had passed and we got in the car to head to the destination. Against my better judgement I was told I had to wear a blindfold. Where in the hell were we going? Time to kick out the spidy senses. Being as I had no sight, I listened. Over the course of a few turns and stops the buzz of city traffic had waned. Now I could hear only the tires against the road and the wind no longer whipped as it does when passing building after building. We were in the country now. On the road back to where we'd left the kid. But my man denied it. We got out of the car and I could feel soft ground and then pavement. "We're at my parents' aren't we?" I said. Denied again. We reached an uneven walk way, like shifted bricks, and again I said "You're such a liar! We are so at my parents'!" My exclamation was met with laughter and a glorious "Surprise!" As I was helped off with my blindfold, my eyes met many familiar faces. Some which I'd not seen in a long time. Still no clue. I thought this was it. My 30th birthday with all our friends and family. So before I lose you, let's cut to the chase. I opened gift upon gift, including a magnificent bottle of riesling from Liz, a gift card from Jen and Ang, some Gold Label from The Bestest Brother and Sister In the World and a camera from Mom and Dad that took the following pictures...










...of the best score of the decade! In front of everyone, my man got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. "YES!" Actually, I'm pretty sure I said "Of course I will!"

So a big fat Thank You is in order to everyone who helped me celebrate :o) You all spoiled me rotten and I love each and everyone one of you to pieces. Pieces.

17 comments:

Bugwit said...

Well, Let me be the first blogger to congradulate you!

Nice ring, btw!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats!

I am so happy for you!

Tits McGee said...

Oh, hooray!!!

How lovely, all of it. I'm so glad you were celebrated in the manner you deserve.

Anonymous said...

wow...

tell your man he gets props from me for the ticket idea. That was aces! He had me at hello!

And seriously, congrats! I'm very happy for you!

Cornelius T. Fish said...

Nice Rocks!!!

platts42 said...

Congratulations!

Hey you think this is about you? I think your fiance just wants to legitimize the little bastards.

Congratulations once again, and remember if you want to fly me up to Canada I'm a Reverend in the Universal Life Church, so I can perform weddings.

Kat said...

buggy- Isn't it grand!

madge- I'm still grinning :o)

tits- Isn't it lovely to be spoiled ;o)

slyde- I love that part!

fish- They're sparkle when I type!

marrrrk- Yeah! No more bastards! And I'll keep that in mind...seriously ;o)

Verdant Earl said...

Great, great day. Congrats to you and your future hubby! Awesome!

PS - dig the Johnny Gold! It's my favoritist of the JW label. Had some just the other night. Betcha u are looking forward to cracking that bad boy open?

Kat said...

earl- it's coming to the hospital with me ;o)

Jennifer said...

Hey shovel head...
We laughed, we cried, we screamed... It was so much fun and such an honour to be a part of such a special day :) I love you and I love your man (I was going to write his name but I don't think I've ever seen you write his name here and I'm not sure if you want to keep it that way?? - or am I just being weird?) and I love your bastard children, and your pretty dog too! HA!

Kat said...

Jen- I'm so glad you were there!
And ya, I only use the names of friends who blog or post with their own names. I like to keep the rest of my friends and family anonymous for everyone's safety and privacy ;o)

elizabeth said...

Well my comment is long over due - but then my head WAS in the toilet so I am forgiven.

I was balling my eyes out and made my makeup run. Thanks a lot.

By the by - thanks for not mentioning my horrible wrapping job. TACKY or what?!

How's that SUDOKU coming?

elizabeth said...

PS - Um... would you mind getting hitched in Hawaii? I was thinking that could work. Thoughts?

Cheezy said...

Awww, that was the sweetest post I've read in a long time! Enjoy the ring! And everything!

elizabeth said...

He's a poet.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit!

I go away for a few months and miss all the fecking fun.

Many, many congratulations. Your man sounds a bit of a star for that setup.

Anonymous said...

congrats!! the ring is beautiful, and the tickets to your wedding is a cute idea.

excellent set-up, kudos to the man.

---MB