Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Hope You Dance

When I was 8 I had a guinea pig. Her name was Blondie. I loved her. She squeeked and eeked and munched on pellets. Sometimes I'd let her out of her cage to play with me. Usually she'd run and hide under my bed. Timid little thing. One day, my family and I went on vacation. I was going to miss my little friend and I thought she'd miss me too. So I left her with a friend. A little stuffed bear about the same size as her. Later that week I returned home and flew up the stairs to see my friend. Noone could have ever guessed the horror awaiting me beyond the door at the top of the stairs. In her cage, on her back, legs erect and toes splayed, she laid. Beside her, only remnants of the little stuffed bear. I guess I gave her the ultimate company; death. Wherever you are now Blondie, I hope you dance.

8 comments:

elizabeth said...

If you weren't pregnant - I'd punch you for that. (even with your glasses on)

Kat said...

"How rude!"-Stephanie Tanner, FULL HOUSE.

elizabeth said...

Again making me want to hurt you.

elizabeth said...

I just looked at your profile and the hits are at 666 - creepy. You must be cursed for posting this... muahhhahahahaha

platts42 said...

That's horrible. No wonder you're scarred.

Kat said...

liz- I'm gonna put some a that hoodoo voodoo on ya child!
Just kidding, i don't have one of your hairs.

cap'n marrrrk- For life dude. For life.

elohelea-welcome! Well, my parents were always straight forward about death, even of hamsters. And I turned out ok...I think.

elizabeth said...

I say keep lying - my kids think that goldfish go on vacation via the toilet bowl.

platts42 said...

eliz

Ahahahahahahahaha!

Oh yeah Kat...send me your address so I can send you the book. I'm not gonna get rich by you buying off of Amazon, and you may never recieve it, so you get it free for wanting to read it. It needs work