Friday, August 18, 2006

Everything I Need To Know I Learned In the Trailers.

Living in a mob town has it's benefits. Other than the plethora of concrete and brick fortresses, there is the food. Ohhh the food. Last night my man and I had a long overdue date night. We went to my favourite m-town italian eatery, nestled behind the main drag of the downtown core. It's a terracotta and wrought iron palace. The ceilings are clad with murals and the tables are double draped with buttery linens. I couldn't wait to get into the menu. All of the food is prepared with authentic italian hands from bare bones. It just doesn't get any better than this. There is just one small problem. About a month ago my daughter came to me and said, "look mamma, I broke your glasses." Needless to say they're still broken and I don't dare bring out the coke bottles from grade seven. Rather than read the menu through a hand-made pinhole, I asked the waiter if they still had my favourite appetizer; mussles drowned in a diced roma and red wine sauce with hot peppers. Yes. And I sopped it all up with chunks of muffuletta. Now the main dish is one that I don't eat often lest I might start to resemble one. Gnocchi. But not just any Gnocchi. This is Gnocchi alla Gorgonzolla. And the boy had his favourite, Pennette all' Arrabbiata, because everything he eats must be spicy. Sometimes I swear he'd put habaneros in his cereal if that weren't a completely disgusting thing to do.

As dreamy as dinner was, it was merely a prelude...to the most awesome movie ever! Praise be to 8lb 6oz baby jesus. I won't say anymore in the unfortunate case that you haven't seen it yet.

But before the movie even began there were the trailers. The trailers that I usually hate. I take it all back. If it weren't for trailers I may never have known this. And why hadn't I ever heard of the genious that is Sacha Baron Cohen before? Am I a social leper? I suck when it comes to patience, so I'm not quite sure how to cope until this movie is released in the fall. Any suggestions?

21 comments:

Cheezy said...

You could always pass the time by getting hold of these two DVDs...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00004ZBXW/202-7939799-3981436?v=glance&n=283926&v=glance

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000AZVFF/202-7939799-3981436?v=glance&n=283926&v=glance

They're mainly Sacha's Ali G stuff (which is cool, but a bit 'old hat' these days), but they've also got a fair bit of Borat in...

I can't wait for the movie either!

Kat said...

ooooo. Good idea cheezy. Thanks! :o)

elizabeth said...

"I'ma come atchoo lika spider monkey." I'm going to save that line for a particularly fun road rage episode.

Tits McGee said...

For the love of all that's holy, woman, go rent every episode of Da Ali G Show right fucking now.

Kat said...

liz- watch it now or I'm gonna scissor kick you up the back side of the head!

tits- you're very forceful. I like that in a woman.

Kat said...

ps lizzy...I've been waiting for your infiltration expertise over in Ang's space. The velcro plan might be losing it's stick.

pss (pps?) you have big brassy type balls commenting like that on Ms. Moores sight. I tried responding but I got all veclemped. I'm such a pussy (hahaha)!

Verdant Earl said...

The mussels sound good, but holy crap woman! Soaked it up with chunks of muffaletta!

Unless muffaletta is seriously different in the Great White North than the classic sandwich from New Orleans, you've got quite a healthy appetite.

Proud of ya!

Anonymous said...

You have never seen "Da ALI G Show"?

Do you get HBO up there in the big white north? He is all the rage in England, and i think he's pretty damn funny as well.

His Borat character is a pisser.. i will be seeing this most likely...

Kat said...

earl- muffaletta also refers to just the bread used to make the sandwich...I like eating but not THAT much!LOL...although I wouldn't put it past my man. He'd eat all that.

slyde- I recall seeing an ad for his show on The Comedy Network. We can get HBO but it costs extra on the cable bill. I've just never heard anyone talk about it so I didn't bother to tune in. I know differently now!

elizabeth said...

I know, I'm waiting for retribution...

badgerdaddy said...

Hey you kids, guess what... I just had the police round to give me a warning for criminal harassment because of my blog, with special thanks to the licensee of a local pub!
Yay me!
I've been warned off having an opinion in the future, too!
Double yay me!
Fuckers.

Verdant Earl said...

Wow, I read your blog and I didn't think there was anything criminal about it.

Well, besides the time you peed on your neighbor's mattress

Celia Pleete said...

I'm actually in Philly for my great-uncle's funeral, sadly...but I'll be back on Wednesday! Grandmom's phone line is a bit slow for internet mischief. I did put a goofy movie up that my partner in crime M. Edwards C. sent me. He has good taste in odd Japanese fare. I'm flattered that I have such rabid fans...fans who speak fluent pigeon Eskimo!! :)

Kat said...

Badger! Are you fucking serious?! That is sooo crazy. What criminal harrassment? I'm so confused. I can't think back to what you may have said that would cause such a reaction. So are they tracking you? Here let me give them a message for ya...Fuck you and leave my badger alone.

Ms. Pleete- I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't think my grandma even has a computer let alone the internet. I'll give a peek at that clip though. Sounds good :o)

Alex said...

Hi Kat, I'm resorting to this because I can't find a contact link for you. Yes, please help me find photos for celebrities-eating.com !!!!

YOUR FRIEND, ALEX

PS I updated, huzzah.

badgerdaddy said...

It was apparently when I said she had skin like orange leather. In fact, that line is the reason I took the blog down as, looking back, I decided it was too personal.

More fool me. Should have carried on!

Ah well.

Anonymous said...

badger! long time no hear!

i'm definitly not feeling the love anymore... you never come around the ol' blogstead anymore :(

Kat said...

Alex...I've been trying, but I can only seem to find pics that are on your sight! Plus, ones that aren't, don't you need 'rights' or whatever to post them? Maybe I should bust out the camera and head down to the Toronto film festival...but that sounds like work.

badger- cmon' that's ridiculous. Things get said about people all the time, especially on the web. It's not like you posted her full name, address and picture with a big fucking arrow saying "this is old leather back right here!" I dunno...these town folk seem a little too hypersensitive...and BORED.

Alex said...

You can do it, I have faith in you!

Also it is weird having a conversation in your comments!

Alex said...

And I do have a suggestion for how you can cope! Watch all the UK and HBO episodes of Da Ali G Show, there's more Borat than you can shake a huge assed stick at!

badgerdaddy said...

Slyde, that is so not true, I was there posting how wrong you were to omit Spidey 2 from your superhero movie list just the other day...