Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Shit Don't Stink


The strangest ideas come to me when I'm at work. There must be something about the methodical chopping and stirring that gets my weird wheels going. Ok, so I'm always borderline. What's it to ya.

So here I am feeding the chickens (aka spicing steaks) when my quiet thoughts are blown right out of my hair follicles by the heavy clangs of a stack of empty, metal pans meeting the tile floor. I'm sure my heart has suffered some damage. That was so friggin' loud! And the guy that did it didn't even flinch. So he picks the pans up and then makes his way to the fridge. He returns with an empty metal cart. As he shoves it along, toward the prep counter to pick up his handy work, it shakes violently and makes an aweful racket not too unlike that of a jack hammer. I need to cover my ears because I'm sure they're already bleeding. Yet again, he seems completely unaffected.

So here's where I start to wonder. Why is it that the noise is louder when you're not the one making it? And does this have anything in common with your own crap never being as vile as someone else's crap? Is it a mental preparedness? An acceptance of one's own actions but in turn having no tolerance for the equal actions of others?

If I ever take another psych course I'm doing an essay on this phenom.
But my bet is, noone will find it quite as riveting as me.

3 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

That's quite a train of thought... Hey, I'd read it!

Kat said...

Yes, read it but you'll have to appreciate it more or less than me or else you'll blow my stink theory out of the toilet.

stink theory part 2-
shock value.

speaking of shock,
holy fn' wv- wxqoohzs (you just can't make that shit up)

Kat said...

hmmmmm....maybe the smell of multiple farts becomes unbearable to everyone involved and they all end up sleeping in the house. Just a guess.