Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ode to Pinchy


I'm in the mood for love
simply because you're near me.
Funny but when you're near me,
I'm in the mood for love!

Oh pinchy,
when we first met several years ago
I had no problems stabbing you in the head
and then flipping you around
and repeating this process through your belly;
discarding of your tomale and roe.
How you would squirm and scream
(even though it fell on deaf ears)
and continue to flinch and flail
even after your brain had been sliced in two.
But once you were steamed
you were so darned tasty
all dipped in warm, drawn butter.

And now,
I am with child
and there is something just horribly wrong
about torturing you so
(although you truly are succulent
and so leaving you live is a bit of a conundrum).
So, my dear pinchy,
your life for now is spared-
at least by me
because someone has to kill you
and sell you for $20 a pound
to the hungry seafood freaks
who eat you without a second thought.
Thank god you only have 100 thousand pain sensing neurons,
as compared to the 100 billion that I have.
Maybe that's why you move me so.

With all my neurons,
K.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

See - this is a little sick. Im really kinda glad I no lika da feesh. Ja know?

Kat said...

Ya, I've never really cared for lobster. Don't really understand the hype about it all. And it's especially disturbing that my job requirement is to kill them. Did you know that stressed out lobsters will attack and eat eachother? Yup they be cannibals!