Thursday, March 06, 2008

Red Faced

I am tired. The hubby isn't going to be home till friday. That'll be 7 weeks that he has been gone. We had anticipated him being home either yesterday or today and I'd done my work schedule accordingly. So now I have to work tonight and tomorrow and am in the midst of arranging for sitters. So far the only option I have for this evening is to be picking up the kids really late. Not a big fan of that. But what's a sorta single mother to do.

Then I went to the gym last night and discovered that they lied to me. Ya I know. Big stretch for a fitness facility. When I first joined I hadn't anticipated needing the day care because Hubby was working here still. So the chick signed me up and told me not to worry about paying the day care fee, that I should just drop the girls a toonie every time I might need to use it. Since then things have changed and with the hubby gone I have to use the day care a lot. So last night I handed the girls two bucks, as usual, and one of them said, "What's this?"

"It's two bucks."

She looked confused and said, "Um, the day care is 3 dollars per hour, per child."

Instantly I could feel my face getting a few degrees hotter. "Why would the chick tell me to drop you a toonie if it's actually 12 bucks a visit? That's 50 bucks a week! And why didn't anyone tell me this until now?"

"Maybe they didn't want to embarrass you ."

Embarrass me? No. Not telling me and being misinformed in the first place is the embarrassment. Letting me pay my shitty little 2 dollars like a cheap bitch who's trying to get away with something is the fucking embarrassment. Face. Getting. Hotter.

So we went to the front desk to page the chick. Of course she is 'busy' and will call me later. I still haven't heard from her. She's lucky. My face has almost returned to it's regular temperature.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Want me to kick her ASS??!!! I will. I need to vent anyhoo.

{{{hug}}}

She should be embarrassed - not you.

Verdant Earl said...

You shouldn't be redfaced. They lied to you and you believed them. End of story.

Slyde said...

Want me to send Liz to kick her ass? i will, you know...