Monday, September 25, 2006

Sweet Sunday Sounds

Sorry for leaving you alone for so long with the scary penis mishaps. It's been a long, long weekend. Full of work, work, more work and THE BEST CONCERT EVER! Last night I let the boys in my life cash in on their father's day presents: 4 tickets to Eric Clapton and Robert Cray at the ACC. Wow. Now everyone knows who Eric Clapton is. Well. Everyone except our cabbie. But who is Robert Cray you ask? Shame on you. This is Robert Cray. And all I can say is that he made me cry. I know. I'm a big ball of pregnant hormones, but seriously. Live music has often brought me to tears and last night it was all Mr. Cray's fault. Sorry to run so quick but it's back off to work for me. Poor little me with a sore throat.

11 comments:

Bugwit said...

Love Robert Cray. Love Clapton. Sounds cool!

I cried when I saw Ted Nugent. My girlfriend broke up with me...

Tits McGee said...

Glad you had fun, Kat!

Cheezy said...

I'm not even a big fan of the blues, but I think 'Strong Persuader' is a great song. Just another notch on my guitar indeed....

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun night, missy...

Kat said...

buggy- That's so sad :o( At the concert n everything? What a...

Tits- it was awwwwesome!

Lola- He seems to have disappeared as quickly as he appeared. Can you say "paranoid freak".

cheezy- He played RIGHT NEXT DOOR (because of me) off that album. You should have a listen to the rest of his new album. The song POOR JOHNNY is absolutely stunning.

slyde- what a trip. Eric Clapton? Too surreal. It's still setting in.

Lola's Girl said...

Eric Clapton....he can sing to me anytime!

Verdant Earl said...

Robert Cray is awesome! Big hit back in the 80's or early 90's (can't remember) with "Smoking Gun", but he has done great stuff since. Just a bit under the radar.

Kat said...

lola's girl- no kidding! I'm so glad I could go.

earl- isn't he??!! It's too bad he's not better known...that blues period isn't better known. It's the basis for so much other music. Cray's voice is like butter. He's so much better live and he's got one of the best voices I've ever heard.

elizabeth said...

I at least thought I'd get a kind mention. (walks away mumbling and stomping)

Hey look - it's Lola's girl! Dig the name. That's so cute.

Anonymous said...

I've seen Cray a couple times... years ago in Chicago and then again last year in Albuquerque. His brand of blues is a little tepic for my tastes, but he is a strong performer aand a fine guitarist! Sounds like you saw a great show.

Kat said...

lizzy- sorry :o( None of it would have been possible if the bestest auntie in the whole wide world hadn't babysat. Thank you!!!!! :o)

joe- I like the raunchier stuff too...but Cray is just soooo good.