Saturday, December 24, 2005

Steak and Toe Nails

Thursday night I worked a closing shift at the restaurant. Part of my closing duties is to take a walk around the dining room, picking up odds and ends left behind by my co-workers. On a normal night this might include a pepper mill and a few sugar bowls. But thursday night I found a bizarre item (atleast when found in a steak house). Perched on a ledge meant for water pitchers was a toe nail clipper. Apparently someone needed a quick clip before their filet mignon dinner. Who can eat when their toe nails are overgrown? So I left the disgusting little clippers in their perch for the night cleaners to dispose of. Afterall, I wasn't going to touch them. But when I returned to work on Friday morning (for my christmas double) I found the beastly thing in the waiter's station beside the ketchup dispenser. Bad enough I'd seen it the first time and now it was taking a tour. I had to put and end to it. I snatched it up with a protective wad of paper towel and tossed it out. Eating steak will never be the same.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I'll never be the same. Not ever.

gramps said...

C'mon now...what's a little toe jam between friends? Things could have been much worse, no? ;-)